The Squamata Report: Misrepresentation of 911 victims

Sunday, November 28, 2004

Misrepresentation of 911 victims



September 11th Families for Peaceful Tomorrows condemns unconditionally the illegal, immoral, and unjustified US-led military action in Iraq. As family members of September 11th victims, we know how it feels to experience "shock and awe," and we do not want other innocent families to suffer the trauma and grief that we have endured. While we also condemn the brutality of Saddam Hussein's regime, it does not justify the brutality, death and destruction being visited upon Iraq and its citizens by our own government.

Last week, amid scorns from a small group of 911 victims families, the first ever head of Homeland Security, Sec. Tom Ridge stepped down. Retired New York City Police Commissioner Bernard Kerik will take over soon. I understood that Ridge's leaving was mostly due to his original agreement to serve only one term, and that change in these positions are good for the

effectiveness of the cabinet. I am just concerned about the hideous face, being shown to the American people, in representation of 911 victims. There are a few small groups of people who are relatives of 911 victims who are constantly attacking Bush and his cabinet. I thought that since they were not sincere they would disappear into the same obscure non-relativism of moveon .org and Michael Moore. Instead they have remained front and center on CNN, CSPAN and other media formats. The day Ridge resigned, NPR (National Public Radio) ran audio of these people cheering Ridge's departure and repeating their "Bush is Hitler", "Bush caused 911" rhetoric. Saying " He'd better resign or be thrown out!" These people make me sick. I am filled with compassion for their loss. I ( as do most ) have a spot in my heart reserved for them and the souls of the ones who died. I could never look at the films from 911 and have ill feelings toward the families who suffered that great loss. On the other hand, the partisan ( Kook) left fringe contains dedicated members of these very same ' Victim's Family ' groups. I have no respect for them! Shame on those who hide behind the slaughter of their loved ones, and lash out at the only people who are working for a more secure world for the rest of us to live in.
If I were one of the victims of that horrible day, and I knew my Mom, sister or Cousin would begin to fight in court to secure some great wealth, would sue every one possible to stockpile wealth in my name, if I saw them attack and slander the American leadership to gain political points for their party, and use my name to incite undeserved bias against the very institutions developed to protect us, I think it would break my heart. I can't see this kind of hatred being supported by any of the victims of 911. I don't think they would approve of this UN-AMERICAN line of thinking. These families scream that they are being ignored! Well, as for me, I am ready to join those who are ignoring them. By the way, the very President that they say ignores them, is the only President in history who has TRULY been on their side. They impugn his dedication, and ratify charges against him that paints him as a culprit in the attacks on our sovereignty, and not as the instrument of God, being wielded to secure freedom and Democracy.
It is important to remember, though, that these radicals are not the majority of all Victim's families. They are a small minority.
A minority which seeks to represent the whole. They do not represent all the victim's families, and they represent an even smaller group of those who died.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

LIVE AMBER ALERTS