The Squamata Report: <p><span style="font-size:180%;color:#ff0000;">EMILY</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:180%;color:#ff0000;"></span>

Monday, June 20, 2005

EMILY


HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY


Exactly one year ago today, I was enjoying my father's day with my family, in the hospital. My two son's were on their best behavior at a family member's home.
Before the day's end I would come face to face with my daughter. She was 8 lbs 4oz worth of pure heaven! There is something spiritual almost magical that happens when a man becomes the father of a little lady such as Emily. It was on this day that my life changed forever.

Emily's photo debut....


Hospital website picture announcing her arrival.....

Emily and Her brother Daniel.....


This picture was taken last week.........



I think God has a grand purpose for every life. I now believe that my greatest purpose is to be Daddy to this wonderful little girl.


She loves music. She has danced to every tune she has heard since she was 2 months old. Her favorite song of all (oddly enough) is the theme song for Law and Order SVU.
She is addicted to her mother. Dad is gone to work all day and those hours are spent with mom. Even though she screams and runs to see me when I come home, her comfort level depends on how close she is to her mommy. That's OK with me; her mommy IS the best on Earth .

June 20th

On the day Emily was born we were still at war with terrorists in the Middle East. Just one day before she was born the Squamata Report focused on the Democrat's absurd request that Kofi Annan and the UN oversee America's elections. We watched on the TV in the hospital room later that night, a young 33 year old South Korean man named Kim Sun Il beg Zarqawi for his life. Later he would be beheaded. A couple weeks later, we buried President Reagan. She shares a birthday with WWII hero Audie Murphy. One more thing significant happened on her birthday one year ago, my heart's ownership was transferred permanently into her hands.

God Bless you Emily, you will always be my greatest Father's day gift.




3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 1st Birthday Emily We all Love you

6/20/2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Kim, I knew I would eventually get you to comment here. It's truely an honor for me to have my family comment. Even if it is RARE! :)

6/25/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a collecton of dolls on a shelf in my bedroom. I must say that if your Emily were there she would be the most beautiful of all.
Happy Birthday little girl and May our Lord bless you greatly.

6/25/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

LIVE AMBER ALERTS