The Squamata Report: Turban-Durbin makes non-apology / aplology

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Turban-Durbin makes non-apology / aplology


Today Sen. Dick 'Turban' Durbin decided to skirt the possible movements towards censure or inevitable pressure to resign by offering a half hearted, pretend apology covered with crocodile tears, "Some may believe that my remarks crossed the line, to them I extend my heartfelt apologies."
Last week, days after his twisted remarks comparing our soldiers to despotic regimes led by mass murderers, he refused to apologize. Later he offered a non-apology apology by saying,"I have learned from my statement that historical parallels can be misused and
misunderstood. I sincerely regret if what I said caused anyone to misunderstand my true feelings...." Just what are your 'true feelings' Mr. Durbin? What could you possibly have meant by the statement you made? He apologized, both times, for the perception of others, not his comments. He is trying to dowse a fire of outrage, but not accept responsibility. He turned the onus on the receivers of the comments (you and me) not himself.

The lighter side of this is that he just left the republicrat McCain and other members of his party holding the bag. Now that's FUNNY! You see, when he first made the comments he had a flurry of Democrats hit the MSM screaming support for his rhetoric. Now, by saying that he never meant what he said, he leaves the onus on his cohorts. I love it. This is Democrat Demagoguery at it's best. I get such a chuckle out of it because, I know that this is just another chapter in the yet to be written novel, " How the Democrats went the way of the Wig party".










Is Dick Durbin's apology sincere?
No
Yes
I'm not sure


  

Free polls from Pollhost.com

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Durbin said exactly what he chose to say, certainly expecting his lefty friends to pat his back tell him what a 'good old boy' he is. Well this time he stuck both feet in his mouth up to his buttocks!
I don't believe for a mionute his appology was sincere. He is mouthing what he thinks people want to hear.
Watch out for this guy. My grandma wound say he is a 'real snake in the grass!'

6/25/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ken. I saw your comment on the other post. I thnk we just disagree with that subject. I saw this on the news, but only for a second. See ya.

6/25/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ken,

If you're looking to make your pic on the top imbedded use the following in your code for the image=

align=left hspace=5 vspace=5
or
align=right hspace=5 vspace=5

Unfortunately, there is no center.

As for the post, I accept the apology. It clears the U.S. of any wrongdoing in the international community. Do I want more? Sure. That will come when he's up for reelection. Buh-bye.

6/25/2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

I agree Jeremy. I hope the people of Ill. vote him out. I once wished he'd just resign. I realize now that he is doing us a great favor right where he is. Now that he has the attention of the people, the true agenda of the Democratic party is being revealed.
You are right about that, however his apology is like a retraction on page 12 D in the New York Slimes. It will not be propagated with the same intensity. The damage that was done in the middle East is not repaired by this apology. The story of a US Senator revealing that the Americans treat Muslims in our prisons like Hitler and Pol Pot is enough to recruit many more to their side. I guarantee the propagandists who spread the word to the young Muslims in Iran and elsewhere will not return to say, " O'well, Durbin apologized so the story is not true." It is in this area that the most damage was done. As for the other nations, their opinion of the US waxes more and more useless every day.
Thanks a million Jeremy, for helping me, hopefully I can get it fixed. Do you know how I can adjust the font size? Mountain Mama and others have trouble with the small print.

6/25/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

LIVE AMBER ALERTS