The Squamata Report: William Franklin Graham Jr.

Sunday, June 26, 2005

William Franklin Graham Jr.

FAREWELL TO AN OLD FRIEND

Billy Graham finished up his career today in NewYork when he spoke to more than 80,000 people in a park. It was in New York that he gave the 1957 speech that reached millions. However, in 1957 America saw a strong virile man with a stern booming voice bring thousands to Christ. Today, we saw the old crusader come to the podium with the aid of a walker due to his fractured pelvis, once there his voice was soft and a bit shaky at times. 86 year old Graham has fluid on the brain, prostate cancer and Parkinson's disease. So it is no wonder that he said today would surely be the final crusade.

He has been minister to Presidents and has preached to more than 250 Million people in 185 countries. He is the father of modern day evangelism, although there are no others with his style, and none warrant his respect. He was born in November 7, 1918. On his 16th birthday, November 7, 1934 he gave his life to Christ. It is safe to say that he has led more to Christ than any one man in his lifetime.
Most people who remember Graham in the 50s, 60s, and 70s remember him best for the
Hour of Decision, on radio and TV. I have never had the opportunity to see him in person. Most of what I know of him comes from the collection of his books on my shelf. I also found great info about him here. You can listen to old Audio and watch video of him here.
Today's speech was historical. It has been seared in my heart and mind for all times. It wasn't his greatest crusade, and it wasn't his greatest speech. It, however, was the last one we will have the privilege to experience.
Thank you Billy, for showing us Christ. Thank you God, for showing us Billy Graham.

Although this post is suppose to transcend petty politics. I just had to point out that Bill Clinton said that Billy Graham is the only person he has known who has always lived according to his faith. LOL
I don't doubt for a minute that he doesn't know too many who live according to their faith. It's hard to find devoted Christians in the places he hangs out.

3 Comments:

Blogger Justin C. said...

Key Ken. I am not sure if you heard yet but the supreme court just rules that two kentucky court houses had to remove the ten commandments. I am not sure if you agree, but I think this is aweful. I am going to cnn and some other news sites to research the matter and post it on my blog. Any places you would suggest to search at for more info. Thanks,
-CT(Justin)

6/27/2005  
Blogger Justin C. said...

Sorry for the bad english, I am in a hurrry.

6/27/2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'll get you some good conservative resource links later when I get the time. As for CNN, you might as well ask George Soros or Michael Moore what happened.
Take care CT

6/27/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

LIVE AMBER ALERTS