The Squamata Report: Poverty is no excuse for lawlessness

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Poverty is no excuse for lawlessness







By now, if you have read many of my posts, you realize I am more likely than not to present a controversial point of view. In other words; I do 'NOT' present the standard touchy feely liberal bleeding heart diatribe. So that disclaimer aside. Can you tell me whether or not you feel sorry for the so called 'poor folk' who stayed around the great city of New Orleans with the sole intent to exploit the tragedy. You and I are not dirt poor, but most of us can relate to the innocent refugees from this worst of disasters. But how do you feel about these low-lifes who have taken over the city?
Many of the people left behind in the flooded ruins of the gulf states are good people who had a rough ride and were not lucky or smart enough to find long term refuge. Many have lost loved ones and are desperately searching for them, just as would most of us. To them, and to the thousands who are still stranded or camped out in shelters; I love you. My heart and prayers are with you. I have made the best monetary contribution I can, not as pity, but as my duty, because you are my brethren. God bless you. My prayers for you do not cease.

As for the rest of the scum that are exploiting the vulnerability of these once great southern cities......I won't pitty you when you are brought to justice for your inhumanity to your fellow man!

I read
this from the AP tonight:

One man, who had about 10 pairs of jeans draped over his left arm, was asked if he was salvaging things from his store.“No,” the man shouted, “that’s everybody’s store.”Looters filled industrial-sized garbage cans with clothing and jewelry and floated them down the street on bits of plywood and insulation as National Guard lumbered by.Some in the crowd splashed into the waist-deep water like giddy children at the beach.Mike Franklin stood on the trolley tracks and watched the spectacle unfold.“To be honest with you, people who are oppressed all their lives, man, it’s an opportunity to get back at society,” he said.

Do not be sucked in by this BS! This attitude is sub human. Millions suffer in this world, these idiots do not speak for the majority of poor people. Most poor people are gathering together the fragments of their lives and trekking towards safety. They are not as twisted as this man and his ilk. Nothing gives you the right to steal from your fellow man. If you were less fortunate than others, it is most likely due to choices made in your life and not the oppression that you have convinced yourself you are a victim of !!!!!!

Now, if you have spent the past 2 days without food and water and the clothes you are wearing are ripe with the disease and filth of the water, open any store you can and feed and clothe yourself ! If any man should prosecute you for this, he calls upon God's wrath. Continue then, on your journey towards safety! God speed to you brave men and women who have stayed behind and gallantly served your neighbors. You are what is right with this world.

However, this is not the case for some. Groups of militants and organized criminals have formed in these cities. It is possible that the American Military may become necessary. If this happens, so be it. I don't want to hear one of you long haired dope smokin Millie Vannili plastic banana good time rock'n roller tree huggn hippie liberals moaning about it! You don't see this happening in the smaller communities. The small town folk in the countryside portions of Baton Rouge and parts of Mississippi are working together and leaning on each other in ways you cannot find on many Urban New Orleans streets. Why do you think that is? It is because in the rural communities, the people have spent their lives helping and supporting each other. Go to any small town and you will find this to be true. Go to pre-Katrina days in large urban slum sections and you find the same spirit of hate, envy and spite that motivates the exploitation you see in the polluted streets they reside in today. I am disgusted to witness the vileness that has been washed out of the cracks in our society. These pockets of sickness are now showing themselves to be the breeding grounds for human social disease I always knew them to be. Not every poor person in the inner city is bent this way, but the same circumstances that keep them poor, created the wastes of skin who are pillaging in the streets tonight.

What circumstances?
What keeps them poor?

History my dear, Liberal History


Years ago, America developed a liking to Liberal Social programs and racial acts of legislation providing for affirmative action and the like. These Liberal experimental projects actually conditioned and suppressed millions of people. The black race has been damaged directly and disproportionately. When I watch the faces of the people coming from their forgotten old rundown buildings, most of them sick or obviously suffering from addiction, my heart goes out to them and I want to lend a hand. But at the same time, I want God to cleanse the street of the depraved wastes of skin that prey on the weak in these areas. They are the ultimate personification of evil, and should be considered military or police targets. When the innocent residents escape the flood waters, American troops should go in and secure the area just as they would in Bagdad. We cannot allow this disease to blend in with it's kind in America's other cities.

When we are done and reconstruction begins. Then (in a perfect world) America should go through the motions to put God and Christian values back in the drivers seat. Rehabilitate, train, and nourish the poor families. Send them on their way to self sufficience, and stop promoting their oppression. The fact is, when natural disasters such as tsunamis and hurricanes strike, the poor and weak are most likely to lose their lives. If we make it out of this with 3000 or more dead, we could expect to cut that number down to 100 or less, during future hurricanes, just by promoting wealth amongst the unfortunate. Instead we foster dependence and strife by weakening their self esteem and regulating their failures. I pray God lets me live to see the day when the destructive disease of Liberalism gasps for it's last breath. Man kind deserves to benefit from the fruits of his labor, not be punnished for it.
"She told me, 'You can't hold me,' ... take care of the kids and the grandkids,"

Finally, I leave you with a story that tilled up the soil of my heart yesterday. It is the story of Harvey Jackson. Watch CNN video
here. If you can't see the video, read this. It is illustrative of some of the heart ache and loss associated with this, America's most devastating natural disaster to date.


Harvey Jackson's story:
Harvey Jackson fears his wife died in the storm
Witnesses have been speaking of scenes of devastation after Hurricane Katrina tore through the US Gulf coast - in one case sweeping away a woman sheltering with her husband at their family home.
One of the worst affected areas appears to be Mississippi's coastal town of Biloxi, where some 30 people were reported to have died at a beachfront apartment complex.
Biloxi resident Harvey Jackson said his wife, Tonette, was missing after surging waters hit their house.
"The house just split in half. We got up the roof and the water came and just opened up, divided," still visibly shaken Mr Jackson told America's ABC television.
"My wife, I can't find her body, she gone."
"I held her hand tight as I could and she told me 'you can't hold me'. She said, 'take care of the kids and the grandkids'," Mr Jackson said.
"We have nowhere to go. I'm lost, that's all I had, that's all I had. I don't know what I'm going to do."


CLICK HERE FOR MORE PHOTOS

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you Mama. This just tears me up. All the pain and desperation is just too much! Now I read that FEMA has stopped the rescue boats due to these lowlife gangs and militias. Rescuers and doctors have become targets of snipers. This just infuriates me to no end!

I can't help but wonder if this is the template for other American disasters. If we have a major terrorist attack in a prominent American city, I am afraid that this kind of lawlessness will be prevalent.

We had better all prepare for this. I will be sure to have my rifles and shotguns secured and I am working on an escape route, just in case. This just goes to show you that the America we know so well, could cease to exist and Marshall Law could replace our civil rights in an instance.
I am so glad you dropped by, God Bless you.

9/02/2005  
Blogger Salena Moffat said...

Wow. Seriously, wow. Your blog is amazing, and gives me hope. I tend to forget, at times, that I'm not alone in my conservative thoughts--and then someone like Mountain Mama leaves a comment on my blog, which leads me to her blog, which led me to yours. Wonderful job, keep up the amazing work, and God bless :)

9/05/2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

Salena, you are too kind. I agree, there are too few people (who are not indoctrinated robots) are willing to speak the truth and I am glad to make your acquaintance. You automatically get my respect since you read Mountain Mama's blog. She is a wonderful lady. I feel as if she is family. I hope to get to your blog soon.

9/05/2005  
Blogger Salena Moffat said...

I was so glad to make Mama's acquaintance. When people leave me comments (almost every single liberal who has done so, has done so anonymously or with a bogus homepage address--funny, that) I check out their blogs, and generally find truly wonderful people on the other end :) In a cool coincidence, I lived in Bellingham for 5 years in the '90s, where Mama lives.

You put a lot of work into your blog, Ken, and I really enjoy it--you're clear, insightful, and honest, and I admire that. I;m glad to know you :)

9/06/2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's very sweet of you Salena. I hope you have had a chance to read some of the earlier posts, I believe there are many subjects on which we are in agreement on.
Unfortunately, I only have the time to write once a week and sometimes I miss huge stories that I have strong opinions on. In my business I frequent 50% of the towns and cities in North Texas. I visit with 250+ people on a regular basis and I meet a new person every week. Believe me, they all know where to come when they feel like discussing current events or world history. The liberals do not challenge me though. They, as you mentioned, will drop a regurgitated comment and then run. Most of the anonymous trolls get deleted. That's why I did away with Haloscan trackbacks. They did not offer the option to delete in their free membership.
If you can be patient with my often website abandonment, I would really love to see you stop by and give your opinion. If there is ever a subject that you want to bounce off me, leave a comment here or send me an email. I do check them both daily. I visited your blog last night and was very impressed. You are about no-nonsense and honesty, kinda like me.

Man I wish I had the time to respond to the Rehnquist's death and the battle to come. W.H. Rehnquist is my Michael Jordan. Most guys love sports, I love history and social studies. I'd turn the Super Bowl to watch a special on the American Revolution. (I actually did that last year, people thought I was crazy)

9/06/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have written the thoughts of all true humanitarians around the world. Texas has taken in nearly 400,000 evacuee more than any other state. Not only into their empty buildings but into their homes also. Even here in Wichita Falls we have take them in and enrolled their children in to our schools(all except Rider High).

9/15/2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, I hear ya. The small town of Olney has taken in 50 families. The transitions will be tough, but I am sure they will integrate and acclimate fully. I am glad to hear from you. We don't need to agree on everything, I actually grow intellectually and ideologically more when faced with opposing opinion. I am a student of current events and History, I love to discuss any and every topic. If ever you have a topic you would like to discuss, just leave a comment on any post ( I will know it is there when I check my email). Or drop me an email and let me know if there is something you would like me to write about. Thanks also for the pics that you sent, they are priceless and you could only imagine how much it meant to me to get them from you. So far, you are the only one to send those kind of pics to me, I guess not everyone has the kind of time we do. I love ya bro
Hope to see ya around. O and tell your siblings that I am not going to bite, and I would love it if they left a comment on my site. They are precious to me.

9/15/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

LIVE AMBER ALERTS