The Squamata Report: Domestic Wiretaps

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Domestic Wiretaps

CENSURE


Senator Russ Feingold of campaign finance reform fame decided yesterday to call for 'Censure' of the President because of what he calls an illegal surveillance of American civilians. The Democrats and the mainstream media have really pushed the envelope on this subject and have coyly taken to calling it a "Domestic Wiretapping of American Civilians". They are hoping that they are your only media source. I think it is underhanded and snake in the grass politics. I am fed up with this kind of vitriolic hatred for our country and our success on the world stage. These people just do not realize that they are losing elections and they are never going to succeed again until they come off of this blame America first partisan tripe. The American people do not have to rely exclusively on Tom and Dan. they now have successful and honest bloggers and talk radio. Even printed conservative media is growing in popularity. All the while Fox dominates the cable news. Why? Because with Liberal media you know what you are going to get. You can expect to hear how no one in America can afford shoes, the Government (that they want to grow) is woefully inept, Bush is a liar and a criminal, and gray skies will dominate the weather in America until next November when Bush will have killed us all with global warming. You just get tired of hearing this tripe day in and day out. With conservative media you are informed, you are challenged to think critically and independently. There is a positive impression made on you and you can't help but be proud of being an American. If the Democrats do not wise up, and fast, they will end up a blurb in the history books of tomorrow, much like the know nothings and Whigs, But, I don't expect them to wise up anytime soon. Feingold is leading the party into a trap. Today Sen. Bill Frist sprang it on them. He called on the Senator to put his money where his mouth is. Sen. Feingold, instead of debating the issue, brought the matter to the Senate and disapeared. “If the Democrats continue to say no to voting on their own censure resolution, then they ought to drop it and focus on our foreign policy in a positive way: supporting our troops in a year of transition in Iraq, confronting Iran's runaway regime, and supporting positive change on the UN Human Rights Commission this week. Delay and distraction are a disservice to the American people." Said Frist. “With no cosponsors and fellow Democrats refusing to vote on Senator Feingold’s fringe issue, I urge the minority to either allow us to vote or move on to addressing the real threats facing our national security."

Just in case you missed it folks, the NSA needs to be able to, at the drop of a hat, surveil international and domestic calls from a terrorist suspect to potentially an American citizen. The Democrats are claiming that the wiretapping is a violation of the citizen's Constitutional right to privacy. (Oooh there's that ugly phrase again) It is a notion based on naiveté that suggests our nation's security should take a backseat to perceived right to privacy.


Right to Privacy

Some say,"But Ken what their doing is Un-Constitutional !" Ok, here's a little exercise for you. Go HERE and click on every link there. When you open the page click on the edit button in Windows Explorer, then click on 'Find on this page' enter the word 'Privacy' or 'Private'. See what you come up with.
When you find no expressed Constitutional right to privacy you have to ask your self two questions. 1) Why is it more important to Liberals that the NSA, belabored with the task of preventing another 911, not be allowed to listen in on conversations between terrorist suspects and American citizens, than it is to work together as Americans to quash this threat to our security. 2) If they push this Censure vote, they will bring to the table the question of a person's expressed constitutional right to privacy. when they do that, they face a Republican majority who could win handedly. When this happens, what happens to that other precious Liberal sacrament based on the 'Penumbra of an Emanation'? I just don't think I would push this Censure thing if I where the Dems. It is gonna blow up in their face and they may never recover from it. Besides, anyone who knows anything about Censure knows that it is a kin to me getting mad at you and publicly stating that I am mad at you. Ooooo, beware of the awesome Senate Censure, oooO. How funny!

Only one other President had Censure imposed on him and that was Andrew Jackson in 1834.He was censured because of the World Bank scandal. He didn't miss a wink of sleep over it. Jackson said that the Censure was a violation of the Constitution because it charged him with an impeachable offence. Only the House can charge the President with an impeachable offense so consequentially the Censure was esponged from Senate record three years later.


This is merely a stunt concocted to score political points among the democratic base in an election year. The Senate censure is not supported Constitutionally and imposes no penalty, you know, the kind of sentences they want to hand out to convicted murderers in place of the death penalty.

I hate talking about partisan politics! It is so nasty and really repugnant. I have avoided the wiretap issue because it wreaks of ' DC politics', but I had to chime in when I heard about Feingold's Censure movement. I just busted a gut laughing. Although, I must admit, I am sorely disappointed in the Liberal Democrat's sense of loyalty. They are not looking out for our best interest, they just want to win at all costs.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ken,
(Edited by Ken)
I had to edit this comment because it was plagiarised... And it is an inacurate compilation of half truths.



.....tools, pass a law to get them. Don’t break the existing laws.“
How does this work into Karl Rove’s 2006 strategy?
When The New York Times revealed that President George Bush had authorized warrantless surveillance of Americans, the Bush administration reacted in its usual manner: attack and then stage a public-relations campaign.
The attack was in the usual jingoistic mode, implying that both the Times and its source, a whistle-blower at the National Security Agency, were providing aid and comfort to the enemy and undermining the war on terror.
That's garbage, of course. Any terrorist with more than a two-digit IQ knows that the NSA has the means to intercept any electronic communication. Terrorists don't need to read the Times to figure that out.
The reason it is important for the American people to know is because the president appears to have violated both the law and the Constitution. A recent Zogby poll revealed that 52 percent of Americans think that if this is proven to be true, then the president should be impeached. This is a most serious issue.
It goes to the question, Is the president above the law? The answer, if we wish to maintain our free republic, must be no. Hence, the public-relations campaign, which consists of the president and his minions fanning out to make speeches asserting that what he did was both legal and necessary. The operative word is "asserting." An assertion is not a fact. It is merely a claim. What it all boils down to is, "Trust me." The American people have no way of verifying if, in fact, the surveillance is limited to people actually making contact with actual terrorists.
As to the legality, that's plain. What the president did was illegal. Some act does not become legal just because some hired lawyers say it is. The act must be measured against both the law and the Constitution; Bush's act was illegal and unconstitutional.
Some years ago, Congress passed the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act. It sets up a special court that can issue warrants authorizing surveillance of Americans. This court has routinely issued the warrants and even gives the government 72 hours in which it can get a warrant after the fact. In other words, if what Bush says about only surveilling people with known ties to terrorists is true, then he would have had no problem getting the warrants.
Gen. Michael Hayden, now deputy director of national intelligence and former director of the National Security Agency, was trotted out before the press to justify this and, frankly, made a fool of himself. When someone raised the issue of probable cause, the general petulantly denied that the Fourth Amendment to the Constitution requires probable cause. Then he .....


(edited by Ken) I've had enough. I can only take so much! It went on for miles from here. None of it original.

3/17/2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

ok ..ok...OK!!!!!!
You sir are whom I refer to when I say that there are snakes in American Politics! You know I wanted so much to delete your comment and ignore you. But I have a better idea. I left a little portion of it so I could make this point again.
You see, too many Liberals in America have a big problem thinking for themselves. They do not sit at their keyboard and whittle out an argument. NO! They go to a cute little libsite and they copy and paste with a grin ear to ear. "Iyz gunna prod dis evil rightwing boy inta thank'n I iz smart. I iz gunna take these here big lettered words and put on hiz websight."
Yee ha bubba you did it, I am so proud. I tell you what, if you keep it up soon somebody will teach you about girls.....yep...theys more to em than pull'n their hair and make'n 'em cry. But I don't think your quite old enough for that right now. So we are gonna have a little talk about other things. Like.... You being a plagiaristic fiend who is working to confuse the American public. Whether it is intentional or another bi-product of your low IQ, but it is really annoying. THINK FOR YOUR SELF! I don't want to go to my comment page and find miles and miles of liberal spin and propaganda spiced heavily with lies! I want to hear your honest thoughts and opinion. You don't have to prove you are the smartest. You only need to speak your heart, mind and soul in what ever combination you choose. Mr. Washington Carver here went to a few far out liberal websites (
Rense.com
for instance) and copied text, then brought it back here to my comment section and pasted it. You know David did this to me a few posts back. He and I had this same conversation. I certainly am sure that this is not an alias of David's. I am sure he has grown from the last time.

Original thoughts people, that's all I want. Cite a news story, reference a website. I don't care if you argue that Bush is a reincarnation of 'Tiny Tim'. If you are honest and real you are welcome, if not, I don't want you here. I will not clutter up my box with this crap again. Next time I will delete it. No questions!

3/17/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, we have a regular 'Columbo' on our hands, good job, Watson. Yes, my last post was completely plagerised. Sorry if you don't like what you hear, but it just seems that all you right wing neo-con fruit loops can do is just say "Oh, well, he plagerised, and he plagerised half truths" simply because you do not agree with the info that is being brought to your doorstep, regardless of the method.
You should try a little less whining and a little more debating.

3/18/2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

You are a talentless hack and you couldn't give birth to an original idea if your pathetic little life depended on it. You want me to waste my time defending against a bunch of tripe that I would not go out of my way to read in it's original form. No, I refuse. Go on and think that its because I am afraid, I do not care what you think. It's a miracle you even think at all. Don't taunt me you coward. You present me with something original and I will respond. Paste more crap and I will delete it.

3/19/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what an ass. "Try a little less whining and a little more debate."? You just completely contradicted yourself, you no talent ass clown. Hey, Washington, try a little more innitiative and self evaluation and a little less immaturity. By the way, thanks a bunch for making us true liberals look like total tools.
I don't care if you claim to be a liberal, moderate, independent, whatever, this is not your site, and may I also remind you (as Ken clearly did) that Ken is nice enough to even leave your mindless media feed on here, for it exposes how much of a thoughtless fob you actually are. How old are you, 14?!
Ken is not on your site copying and pasting right wing propaganda, and for you to do the opposite with the left wing media ticker tape on his site just makes you look downright roguish and a fool. If I were any less intellegent I might accuse you of just doing that because you're just a right wing nut purposefully acting as a lib to make us all look foolish. Well, congrats on a job well done, you jerk.
Come back to the Squamata Report when you grow up, and have something original or slightly intellegent to say.
I was going to comment on the new post about wiretaps and censure, but now I'm so frustrated with you, I don't think I could practically articulate anything that you might agree with. Thanks for dumbing down this site, a--hole.
Sorry, Ken, I had to lay into this brain dead idiot.

3/19/2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks david.
You did good!

3/20/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I try, Ken, when I see a spade, regardless of politics, I try and call it. And please remember that I simply forgot to sight my sources the last time you had this problem with me, as you continue to remind me and others to do so. Oops. Again, I am truly sorry. It won't happen again, especially after reading Washington Carvers flatline. What a moron.
As far as the censure thing, I know that there is no court in the nation that would support the president overstepping fundamental FISA court rules.
Bush even admitted over stepping his boundaries by stating something like
"the FISA rules happened in 1978...we're having this discussion in 2000....and six. It's a different world."
Bottom line, he still broke the law, and for you or anyone to suggest that anyone in this nation or this president is above the law is simply Bush appeasing and anti American.
Feingold, in my humble opinion, is just doing what those wussy democrats in Washington only wish they had the balls to do.
And furthermore, I say good for him.

3/21/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

LIVE AMBER ALERTS