The Squamata Report: Kadima delivers while Likud disappoints

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Kadima delivers while Likud disappoints


Concessions instead of Aggression
Before Ariel Sharon went into a coma, one that seems certain to last until his death, he left his former party (Likud) to form a new one he named the 'Kadima' party. It is a centrist party that, under the direction of the deputy Prime Minister- Ehud Olmert, seems to be much more left of center. One of Sharon's final acts as PM was to turn over Gaza to the Palestinians. It was a monumental mistake that seems sure to lead to increased violence and more intense and devastating attacks.

When former Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu announced that he would be running for the Likud Party (which he formed) I was very optimistic. Netanyahu pledged to take back the Gaza and ramp up security. While the Kadima Party promised peace agreements. We know what those peace agreements are good for don't we Mr. Carter and Clinton? Well, as of Wednesday we can begin to worry.

Kadima Wins!


The Likud Party and Benjamin Netanyahu only managed to win eleven seats in the General Elections. Kadima took the majority with 28 of the 120 seat parliament. This is not a large enough majority for them to gain sole control of the government, but it does give Ehud Olmert great hopes to win the PM spot in the next elections. Immediately after his party's victory was predicted on Israeli TV, Olmert said, "We have been entrusted with the task of determining the country's character,"
Yes Mr. Olmert, you have been entrusted with the nation's character. It is that very character shift that worries me. Sharon began the shift to the Left by vowing to redraw Israeli borders by 2010, and officially transferring Gaza to the Palestinians. Olmert is talking of peace agreements that are laden with further Israeli compromises.



Peace without strength is not possible!



















The problem I have with the que sera sera approach taken by the Kadima party and leftists around the world is that they do not seem to think aggression should be met with aggression. Instead of conceding at every turn, Israel should take a hard line approach when it comes to Islamic Terrorists like the PLO and Hamas. These groups believe that Israeli's have no claim to the land of Israel and that the land belongs solely to Muslims. They will not rest until every Jew is driven from the land, and many want them driven from the Earth. They attack Israel incessantly (even as recently as Wednesday during the elections) without regard for innocent human life, not even their own. If you can rationally defend the pacifist approach that brings the enemy of Israel closer and rewards their murderous behavior, I would love to hear it. Some believe that the Israeli people who voted for the Kadima party did so, for the most part, out of love and respect for their dying leader. Perhaps this is a final tip of the hat to their dying leader and then they are going to toughen their stance. I say that analogy does not hold water, the pacifist agenda has taken hold in Israel and the fruits of their agenda (annihilation) is neigh.







Is Israel headed in the right direction?
Yes
No
I am not sure
I don't care
Free polls from Pollhost.com

11 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Amen bro. Good to see youre still out there bang'n the drum. Keep it up.

3/29/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Nonviolence is not a garment to be put on and off at will. Its seat is in the heart, and it must be an inseparable part of our being."
-Mahatma Gandhi
"Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it."
-Andre Gide
These can be interpreted and applied however you wish.
I just hate violence.
But if some drunk is beating you with a bottle, are you going to wait until they hit themselves with it?

3/31/2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to hear that you hate violence, so do I. Glad to hear that you believe there is a point at which you must defend yourself. If it were not for the Gandhi quote, I would venture to say we agree on the subject. Your first sentence is a quote that says (clearly) that there is 'NEVER' a time when violence is necessary. But your last sentence leads me to think you believe there is a time when violence should be used.
I would just like to know which side you are on. If you believe the latter, you really can't buy into the Gandhi quote.

3/31/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can admire a man who would never use violence.
But you cannot admire a man who would not defend his family or himself.
I believe in both of these statements.

4/05/2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

You misunderstand the Gandhi quote. He is saying that nonviolence has no caveat. He says it has it's seat in our heart. So it is not possible to follow or
adhere to this teaching and make an exception in the case of defense. Do you see what I mean? This is why I do not believe in what Gandhi taught. I have read "The words of Gandhi", "Mohan Mala", His keys to health, and vegetarianism. When I say I disagree with him, I am not basing my opinion on this passage alone, but the breadth of his work and motives. Radical pacifism is irreparably harmful and neglectful of human need. Just ask those being hunted and exterminated in the Sudan and elsewhere how the UN's pacifism has benefited them.
Your heart is in the right place partner, your opinion just needs more temperance in reality; something Mr. Gandhiji refused to do.

4/06/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try Jesus.

4/20/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, how come Jesus didn't defend himself from the Romans?
Oh, maybe it's because he was a -gasp - a radical pascifist?
As in "forgive them, father, for they know not what they do..."
Remember that?
And don't give me your personal interpretation of what the Bible says, cause I already know what it says.
How can you possible argue with the fact that Jesus was a pascifist?

4/20/2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

I agree, you should.

4/20/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trust me, JC, he'll find a way. Just wait for it.

4/20/2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

JC, does that stand for 'Just Crazy' or is that the pet name David has given himself today. The neat thing about having your own blog is that you can attach a site meter to it and investigate where your visitors are coming from, when they commented, what IP they used and where they went on your site. When I find David's visit I find that he spent about an hour on the site. Commented twice.... once at 11:26 AM then again (under the alias 'JC') at 11:48 AM. I commented to him immediately (was alerted of his comment) at 11:48 AM.Then he commented again as David at 11:50 AM.

I suppose this was done to goad me into a theoretical debate about Jesus being a pacifist. I would love to oblige but I think I have covered this in the 'Jesus was a Liberal' debate David and I had. So if David would like to back up his claim, I'd love to hear it. Am I going to waste my time on this kind of tripe. As far as pacifism goes. PLEASE name one thing that pacifism has solved. Now, remember, solved means you fix it not bandage it or put it aside for a later generation. I will await your answer, or JC's or who ever you want to be.

PS: David, this must be embarrassing for you, and I am sorry for that, but you MUST admit, this makes for sidesplitting comedy! Thanks; no hard feelings. Besides, this is an old post, no one will notice.

4/20/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No embarrassment here! I guess I should have left some info on who JC is.
JC is one of my co-workers whom I showed your site to, and he wanted to respond from my computer.
This was all at about lunch time, so I don't get into too much trouble with the boss, hehe.
Buuuut, once again you've dodged another direct question. Good job.
Pascifism has never been given a chance.
Name me one thing that war has solved.
You know, McClellan resigned if you want another job.
Nice try, though, Ken, you so clever, you weisel.
-D

4/21/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

LIVE AMBER ALERTS