The Squamata Report: Mama Will Hold Me-(2004 repost)

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Mama Will Hold Me-(2004 repost)


(Re-post from 2004)

Exactly 64 months ago 2996 innocent Americans were murdered at the hands of hate-filled radicals.



Not only those who were killed on 911 suffered at the hands of these evil men. Their loved ones, mothers, fathers, husbands and wives live with the torturous pain every day. There are brothers and sisters, cousins, aunts and uncles..... and yes, there are the young children who have grown up these past five years desperately holding tight to the memories of their parent who went to work and never came home.

When I first heard Kristi Nelson's song
' Mama Will Hold Me ', I wanted to find a resource that would bring me closer to these fellow Americans and the heroes whom they mourn.

I found a site called

' September 11 Victims '. Here I found a complete list of all those known to have died on 911. Each name is a link that takes you to a page where the victim's family and friends have left comments and tributes. You and I are given the privilege to not only read these beautiful comments but we can participate too.

While I listened to 'Mama Will Hold Me' for the third time in a row, I read about a 42 yr old man named Richard Anthony Aceto. On his message page I read the most touching thing.

Just like in the song, a young lady is writing to her daddy and telling him how much she misses him and that she loves him. I could almost see her precious little tear moistened face as she remembered the love he had for her.
Here are a couple examples of Christina Aceto's letters to her daddy.

Daddy, I hope you can hear me. I miss you SO much! It is hard to think that you're actually gone. I am still trying to accept that I don't have a daddy anymore. :-(

I DO THINK YOU ARE LISTENING SO PLEASE NEVER EVER FORGET ME! YOU HAVE BEEN AND WILL ALWAYS BE MY DADDY!! :-(

Hi Daddy, it's me again. I know I had left a previous comment, but I stopped by to say hello. I MISS YOU SO MUCH !! It is still very hard to believe that you're not with me anymore, and I always wonder why this happened in the first place. I love you dearly and I always will. I am a lot taller,wiser, and stronger than I was when you last saw me. I got into my high schools on scholarships and I know you would be proud of me. I have progressed in every aspect, but I shall forever be your "baby girl." I LOVE YOU FOREVER AND ALWAYS!!!

God Bless you Christina Aceto.






( This re-post replaces the old article I wrote in 2004 )

3 Comments:

Blogger Mountain Mama said...

Ken this is so touching it's hard to read the letters and not cry. And to think how many children are still suffering. I know they never forget. My own grandchildren have never forgotten their father.
The song is beautiful.

1/11/2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you Mm.
It is too emotional for some but over the years it has become one of my favorites. Kristi Nelson is incredible huh?

1/11/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

11/17/2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

LIVE AMBER ALERTS